We arrived home on Saturday, February 13th. After approximately 36 hours of travel and one night at Guy's Mom's we were finally home. The travel home was exhausting. Sarah was sick, Guy was sick and I was getting over something but I was in better shape than the two of them. By Monday we took Sarah to the local pediatrician for an ear and upper respitory infection. One Tuesday we were off again to stay at another hotel to make Sarah's 9:00 appointment at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia. They have a great international adoption clinic and did a very good exam. They check health issues as well as developmental and attachment. We were pleased with all of the reports. She had to have labwork done and Guy was the lucky one to have to hold her for that.
This is the first chance I have gotten to post to the blog since being home. Motherhood is exhausting. We have all also been trying to get reacclimated to the time change. Sarah has been really fighting it and up at all hours but I think we are finally getting closer to normal hours. It was 5:30 AM wake up this morning which is improved from the 1:00 AM and 4:00 AM's. Sarah is napping now. I made chicken congee for the first time. Congee is a rice porridge that is a very common food in China. Our little lady needs to be feed very quickly upon waking from a nap. The only thing that stopped the crying when waking up from yesterday's nap was a chocolate brownie. It hasn't helped that we are waking her in the afternoon and she still thinks it's the middle of the night.
And the best for last.......I got 4 hugs today initiated by Sarah!
No comments:
Post a Comment