"AN INVISIBLE RED THREAD CONNECTS THOSE WHO ARE DESTINED TO MEET, REGARDLESS OF TIME, PLACE, OR CIRCUMSTANCE. THE THREAD MAY STRETCH OR TANGLE BUT WILL NEVER BREAK"
AN ANCIENT CHINESE PROVERB

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Emotional Meltdowns

Today was a day full of emotional meltdowns by Mommy and Sarah......even Daddy helped us cry.  Sarah is bonding with Daddy fast but isn't too sure about Mommy which was expected but still hard.  Sarah doesn't want me to hold her yet and is taking out her frustration on me but she is coming around slowly.  I thought waiting was like a roller coaster but the emotional ups and downs of bonding far surpasses that.  We had some screaming and a full blown temper tantrum when Daddy left for ten minutes.  A cup of cheerios was thrown across the room and she was downright angry with me. I even got a pinch but she also rubbed my arm, let me kiss her and I got lots of smiles and playtime tonight and even got called Mama. 
Sarah got a full bath tonight, hair and all.  She doesn't like the bath but is great afterwards and loves letting Mommy put lotion and chapstick on her.
She is beautiful, amazingly smart and extremely strong willed and even through the emotions and meltdowns the sweetness shows through. She likes to do things herself, is potty trained and very neat and also can have a wicked temper.  She eats very well and we haven't found any food she doesn't like.  She can get around quite well and do almost any task given what a challenges her feet and her small hand would be for anyone else.  And she is picking up words at an almost alarming rate..........I know she is way smarter than I am.  You can say something to her one time and she remembers the next day. 
Her foster Mom did an amazing job with her and I know she misses them dearly and is very confused.  We owe a great deal of thanks to her foster family.
We will send more pictures tomorrow.  I need some sleep to get ready for the challenges of tomorrow.


Your E-mail and More On-the-Go. Get Windows Live Hotmail Free. Sign up now.

No comments:

Post a Comment